Little Sellers Art Prize
The Little Sellers Art Prize is an annual competition for aspiring local artists in school years 1 to 12. Established in 2016 as a satellite event for the prestigious $25,000 biennial Basil Sellers Art Prize, the Little Sellers Art Prize provides an authentic exhibition experience for emerging artists in Eurobodalla.
Each year entrants are asked to create an artwork reflecting a theme. Participants are encouraged to interpret the theme creatively in a way that is meaningful to them. This year’s theme is: Drink the wild air.
The Little Sellers Art Prize is supported by Mr. Basil Sellers AM and Eurobodalla Shire Council.
There are four school year categories:
- years 1 - 4
- years 5 - 7
- years 8 - 10
- years 11- 12 (eligible for scholarship)
The winner for each category will receive a $100 voucher to art supply store Amanda’s of Mogo, and runners-up will receive $50 vouchers. The overall winner of the Little Sellers Art Prize, chosen from the school year category winners, will receive $500.
Finalists will also be in the running to win:
- The Eurobodalla Children’s Award (school year category 1 - 7) $75 gift card
- The Eurobodalla Youth Award (school year category 8 - 12) $75 gift card
- Entries open: Monday 6 March 2023, 8.30am
- Entries close: Friday 30 June 2023, 4.30pm
- Judging period: Monday 10 - Friday 14 July 2023
- Finalists notified by Saturday 5 August 2023
- Winners and recipient of scholarship announced at the Bas Monday 4 September 2023, 10.30am
- Exhibition dates: Saturday 2 - Sunday 10 September 2023
Little Sellers scholarship program
2022 was the inaugural year of the Little Sellers scholarship program.
Created as part of the art prize, the $2,000 scholarship assists Eurobodalla visual art students in years 11 or 12 to further their studies and support a career path in the arts.
The scholarship is generously provided by art collector, patron of the arts and philanthropist Mr. Basil Sellers AM.
1 – 4 years
- Winner - Athena McGrath
- Runner up - Layla Sellick
- Highly commended:
- Isla Bush
- Mace McAllister
- Matilda Richardson
- Ted King-Gee
- Elora Ball
5 – 7 years
- Winner - Arsh Khan
- Runner up - Sabine Smith
- Runner up - Holly Nash
- Highly commended:
- Sabian Nunes
- Henry Durnan
- Isabelle Cabban
- Maizi Minihan
- Louis Reichinger
8 – 10 years
- Winner - Iona Kelly
- Runner up - Ivy Innes
11 – 12 years
- Winner - Alexys Hunter
- Runner up - Raphaella Herford
Children’s Services Award
- Beatrix Flemming
- Autumn Bonner-Combes
Overall competition winner
- Arsh Khan
- Alexys Hunter