Little Sellers Art Prize
The Little Sellers Art Prize is an annual competition for aspiring local artists in school years 1 to 12. Established in 2016 as a satellite event for the prestigious $25,000 biennial Basil Sellers Art Prize, Little Sellers Art Prize provides an authentic exhibition experience for emerging artists in Eurobodalla.
Each year entrants are asked to create an artwork reflecting a theme. Participants are encouraged to interpret the theme creatively in a way that is meaningful to them. This years theme is Greet the sun. Face the moon.
Entries now open
The Little Sellers Art Prize is supported by Mr. Basil Sellers AM and Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Creative Arts, Youth and Children’s Services teams.
There are four school year categories:
- years 1 - 4
- years 5 - 7
- years 8 - 10
- years 11- 12 (eligible for scholarship)
The winner for each category will receive a $50 voucher to art supply store Amanda’s of Mogo and runners-up will receive $30 vouchers. The overall winner of the Little Sellers Art Prize, chosen from the school year category winners, will receive $200.
Little Sellers scholarship program
2022 is the first year for the Little Sellers scholarship program, this program has been created as part of the art prize. The scholarship is to assist Eurobodalla visual art students in years 11 or 12 to further their studies and support a career path in the arts.
The recipient of the Little Sellers Scholarship Program will receive $2,000 to assist in further studies in the visual arts field, from art collector, patron of the arts and philanthropist Mr. Basil Sellers AM.
In addition, finalists will be in the running to win:
- The Eurobodalla Children’s Award (school year category 1 - 7) of $75 judged by Coordinator Children’s Services, Louise Hatton
- The Eurobodalla Youth Award (school year category 8 - 12) of $75 judged by Community Development and Youth Coordinator, Rhonnie South.
The three major prize winner’s artwork will be acquired by Council and form part of the permanent collection.
- Entries open: Monday 7 March 2022, 8.30am
- Entries close: Friday 24 June 2022, 4.30pm
- Judging period: 4-9 July 2022
- Finalist notified by Saturday 30 July 2022
- Winners and scholarship recipient announced at the Bas Monday 15 August 2022, 10am
- Exhibition dates: Saturday 13 to Sunday 21 August 2022.