Workshop: Introduction to plant propagation
12:30pm - 3:30pm
Where: Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre, corner of Vulcan and Campbell streets, Moruya.
Experience the captivating world of successful plant propagation with Dylan Morrissey as part of the Bas' Art of the Garden collaborative exhibition program. Unveil the hidden secrets behind nurturing and growing plants like never before.
Whether you're a beginner or a green thumb, this event offers a fun and interactive experience for all plant enthusiasts.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- the pros and cons of each type of propagation
- to identify and collect plant material – this will incorporate a walk around the Moruya library garden (weather dependant)
- how to choose the best type of propagation
- dividing and cutting demo and practice
- care for cuttings
- potting up or planting out propagated plants.
Dylan will guide you through the process providing expert tips and answering any questions you may have.
This is an ideal workshop if you:
- have an interest in plants and gardening
- want to propagate plants and extend your garden
- save money and make plant gifts
- are aged 12 years or older.
If you'd like to bring cuttings from home, we ask you follow these directions:
- 20 cm long cuttings should be collected the morning of the workshop
- cuttings should be placed in a plastic bag, sprayed with water and kept in the fridge
- bring your cuttings to the workshop.
Every participant will take home a propagated plant.
Saturday Sessions at the Bas are open to adult residents and visitors interested in immersing themselves in a fun and hands-on class. Participants can learn artistic techniques taught by some of Eurobodalla’s most talented artists. No previous experience is necessary.
About your presenter
Dylan Morrissey completed his apprenticeship at the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney and has been a Horticulturist for over 12 years. His love of plants grew from a multi-generational passion for everything green, from backyard fruit and veg, to orchids and everything in between.
Since moving to Eurobodalla in 2021 to take up his role as Horticultural Supervisor at the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden, his passion for native plants and their cultivation has flourished.
Bookings required by Wednesday 8 May 2024, 4pm
For more information contact Creative Arts Officer, Sue Blackburn:
- T: 4474 7355
- E: Sue Blackburn
We would like to advise video footage and photographs are taken at our events and exhibitions for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be included, please notify Creative Arts Officer, Sue Blackburn.
More workshops hosted by the Bas
This workshop is part of the Bas' Saturday sessions, held on the second Saturday of the month.